-
November 5th, 2003, 03:37 PM
#11
Inactive Member
THANKS, VDrummer!
I have a lot of listening
to do here!
I hope you don't mind the
exchange and questions that
might pop up.
[img]cool.gif[/img]
-
November 5th, 2003, 08:51 PM
#12
Inactive Member
Devastating!
I love that syncopated play
against the pipes, like you
said - as if they are follow-
ing them but not...
It's hard to imagine that they
aren't the same on a kit but
then again, that's a different
animal altogether.
I love it, Vdrummer.
I'm going to be listening to
these over and over again.
This is what I love about
Steve Gadd's playing. You
can hear the firm drum corp
foundation in him.
Thanks again!
Incidentally, I have used
kevlar heads for most of my
drumming life.
[img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 05, 2003 04:55 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>
-
November 6th, 2003, 05:40 AM
#13
Inactive Member
Brad,
I think Bear went out of
business (again).
[img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
If they stock them, they
are probably sitting on
them because they just
are not promoted.
I have always used them
on my snare drum.
www.thediametrixletter.com/bpstudio.mp3
I don't tune them too
tight though. Remo has
come out with a coated
kevlar but it has steel
hoops, which are not flex-
ible. They're a danger to
wooden shells if they're
tightened too much. They
do NOT give at all. Bear
Percussion heads are flex-
ible - superior but Remo
wins again. Pete DeBear
is under their foot.
I'm very happy to have
made your acquaintance
and look forward to many
more chats about corp.
etc. Ciao, belo.
[img]cool.gif[/img]
-
November 6th, 2003, 04:38 PM
#14
Inactive Member
Hey Peter,
I'm glad you like the drumming. It's very challenging but still can apply to kit drumming and works well in Latin, second-line, jazz, etc. I got involved in it primarily as a "career enhancing hobby" to apply to my set playing and am very happy I did. Then I got hooked on it and did it for years.
You use Kevlar heads? On your kit, or on a marching snare? I've known a few drummers who use Bear heads on their kits. BTW, since I see you're from Evanston I know the Drum Pad (in Palatine) stocks them.
Feel free to ask questions about the PB idiom.
Brad
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks